Majority of children...
ChildObesity180 creates and tests programs and materials that promote healthy eating and physical activity throughout a child's day. We especially focus on groups of children that are most at-risk for childhood obesity. Here are some ways to bring our programs to your community.
- Use our how-to videos to start a free or low-cost walking and running club at your school.
- Download our 1st-6th grade lesson plans to apply math skills to physical activity.
- Learn about the benefits of a healthy school breakfast in our series of short videos.
Encourage kids to drink right, move more, and snack smart in:
- Help Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts practice healthy habits during meeting times with the SCOUTStrong Healthy Unit Award and the Strong Girls Patch programs.
- Bring healthy practices to 4-H meetings with the 4th H for Health Challenge, and get lessons plan ideas from our accompanying curriculum.
- Encourage healthy habits at practices with the Coaching Healthy Habits training and the 3 Plays for a Healthy Team handout.
- Help kids choose water over sugar-sweetened beverages with the 5 Ways Water Wins handout (also available in Spanish).
- Promote healthy snacking with the Healthy Fuel for Healthy Athletes handout (also available in Spanish).
- Use our guide to offer healthy choices at your concession stand.
- Bring healthy practices to community-based programs with the Healthy Kids Out of School curriculum.
- Ask grocery stores for a discount to support you in providing healthy snacks.
- Encourage restaurants to offer more healthy choices for kids. Our video and infographic show the benefits of healthy kids' menus.
- Learn about our You’re the Mom campaign and join the movement.
- Share the You’re the Mom case study with advocates in your community.
- Use our kids' infographic to talk with children about ordering healthy options in restaurants.
- Review our business case for healthier kids’ menus.